Roku has made it easy for us to watch popular movies and TV shows on HDTV from various online media channels, such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Spotify and so on. Besides, we can also use Roku to stream media content from our local network or computer to watch on television via Plex. Now it has been developed to the latest generation Roku 3 which is considered the biggest competitor to Apple TV, another top-leading media streaming box. However, there’s one thing that may draw Roku 3 behind Apple TV is that we are not allowed to watch iTunes movies on TV via Roku 3 but only Apple TV due to the DRM protection on iTunes movies. To some extent, that might be the last hurdle keeping Roku from being a total Apple TV killer. But in this article, we will show you a simple way to stream the DRM-ed iTunes movies to Roku 3 via Plex media server by firstly removing the DRM lock from iTunes movies.
Here we are talking about TunesKit iTunes DRM Video Converter (Mac & Windows), a smart and professional iTunes DRM removal tool mainly developed to remove DRM restriction from both rented and purchased iTunes movies and TV shows. It boasts to work at 20x faster speed in converting iTunes M4V movies to MP4 without losing any quality. Besides, it also allows you to preserve AC 3 5.1 surround audio, subtitles according to your requirements. With this powerful iTunes DRM video converter, you can easily break the DRM lock and stream the DRM-free iTunes movies to Roku 3 for watching on TV.
How to Remove DRM and Convert iTunes M4V to MP4
1. Import iTunes Movies to TunesKit. You can either click “Add Files” button or drag the files from iTunes media folder to add the movies to the converter.
2. Customize Output Settings. Once the movies are loaded successfully, you can choose the output folder, audio track and subtitle as you like.
3. Convert iTunes Movies to MP4. When the settings are adjusted OK, click “Convert” to begin converting iTunes DRM M4V to MP4.
Guide to Stream DRM-free iTunes Movies to Roku 3 via Plex Media Server
When the conversion completes, you can go to the output folder to find the converted iTunes movies without DRM and stream them to Roku 3 by following the steps below.
1. Install Plex server on your Mac. Once the Plex server is installed successfully, it will detect all of the movies, television shows, and music on your Mac.
2. Install Plex server on Roku 3. First you’ll need to download and install the Plex Channel on your Roku. Because it’s not a default channel currently, so we have to do this manually on Roku website under your Roku account.
3. Configure Plex on the Roku. You have to configure the Plex server before steaming the videos on Mac. Then you can better watch the iTunes movies on Roku 3.
Video Tutorial to Stream iTunes Movies to Roku 3
You can also follow this video tutorial to learn how to remove iTunes DRM with TunesKit and stream iTunes movies to Roku 3 via Plex.