With Apple iTunes, you have unlimited access to download previous music, movie and app purchases anytime you like. This comes in handy if you have lost your files on your hard drive and wish to easily download the content to a new device. Here’s how to download previously purchased iTunes movies, songs, apps, etc. step by step.
From iTunes on Computer
- Open iTunes and select “iTunes Store“.
- On the right menu, click the “Purchased” link.
- If prompted, type your Apple ID and Password, then select “Sign In“
- Select the type of item you wish to download at the top-right part of the window. Choose “Music“, “TV Shows“, “Apps” or “Books“. You can also choose to view “All” or items “Not in My Library”.
- Select the Cloud icon next to the item or the “Download All” button located at the lower-right part of the screen to download the item(s) to your computer.
From iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
Music, Movies, and TV Shows
- Open the “iTunes Store” app.
- Select “More” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Purchased“.
- Choose Music. “Movies“, or “TV Shows“.
- Select the “All” or “Not On This…” option as desired at the top of the screen
- Select the item you wish to download.
- Tap the Cloud icon next to the item to download it to the device.
You can download purchased apps right to your mobile device.
- Open the “App Store” app.
- On the iPad, select “Purchased“. On the iPod Touch and iPhone, select “Updates“.
- Select “Purchased“.
- Tap the Cloud next to the apps you wish to download.
How to Remove DRM Protection from Purchased iTunes M4V Movies
As you may know, movies downloaded from iTunes store are protected M4V files that can only be recognised by Apple’s devices. In order to transfer iTunes M4V movies to non-Apple devices, you should remove the DRM lock from the movies at first. In this case, TunesKit DRM M4V Media Converter (Mac & Windows) would be the best option to get it done. It’s specially developed to bypass DRM copy-protection from both rented and purchased iTunes movies while converting the DRM-ed M4V format to commonly used MP4 files at 20x faster speed without any quality loss. You can follow this tutorial to see how to convert iTunes M4V movies to MP4 with TunesKit easily: Steps to Convert iTunes DRM M4V to MP4 >>