In general, it’ s essential to have an additional copy of the data stored on your smartphone, because all the files in your phone may be lost or deleted due to a variety of accidents. For iOS users, if they have downloaded iTunes (the official software provided by Apple allowing users to back up their devices), it can be easily implemented. Still, the issue of accidentally deleting files from iTunes backups is common. Fortunately, with extraordinary iTunes backup extractors, you don’t have to worry about these issues any longer. In this article, we will provide top 6 ones in the market at present.
1. TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery
The first one we would like to introduce is TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery, which is able to scan and extract lost or deleted files selectively from the iTunes backup file you choose. This program is highly rated for its fast speed and high success rate in data retrieval. With only a few clicks, you’ll get back all the missing data from iTunes backup file: select iTunes backup file, scan the lost data, select and restore the desired files. No matter what causes the data loss issue on your devices, this professional iTunes backup extractor would integrally revert them back for you from any scenario, including password locked, virus attack, iOS upgrade failure, mistaken deletion or others. In addition, the software has superior after-sale service since users can get frequent upgrade to support every new iOS or Windows once purchased.
- Support Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP as well as Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave system.
- Extract over 20 types of data from iTunes backup including photos, videos, contacts, notes, WhatsApp messages, Safari bookmarks, text messages, etc.
- Fully compatible with almost all iOS devices such as iPhone iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPod touch 5 and more.
- Grab deleted data with 3 smart recovery modes in one piece, Recover from iOS, Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Backup.
- It does not support iTunes that downloaded from Microsoft Store.
ApowerManager is another application that export files from iOS devices to PC effectively. It has the function of Backup and Restore so that it can be a substitute for iTunes as well as restore your data to your old device in a short time. With the program you can easily manage and organize your backup files. The software runs smoothly on a computer with Windows system. Users can perform operations without too much effort as the interface of the application is considerably intuitive.
- You can use this program through a USB cable or wirelessly.
- Allow you to preview and manage the iPhone backup files.
- It still works even without internet connection.
- Can’t extract data from iCloud backup.
- Can’t directly mirror videos from YouTube app to computer.
3. Syncios iTunes Backup Extractor
This is an iTunes backup extractor available for Windows and Mac. This software is also noteworthy as it is able to transfer files between your tablets, iPhone, iPad, and computers. It comes with three data recovery modes which designed to extract lost data either from iTunes backup or from the iOS device and iCloud backup. One outstanding feature of this software is that it enables you to preview the files right before recovering them so that you won’t waste time deleting files you don’t need any longer.
- It is able to extract 12 types of data from iTunes backup.
- Easy to use.
- It can recover iOS devices that qualified water damage, factory settings and accidental deletion.
- Most functions are not available in the free version.
- It requires users to install software that is not related to the full functionality of the program.
4. AnyTrans for iOS
AnyTrans is another iTunes backup extractor that you can take advantage of. Like most other tools, it has a clear interface which makes every user easy to access their iOS devices without trouble. It is an efficient program in organizing and managing files such as videos, music, pictures and documents. What’s more, it is not only able to extract files from iTunes but also allows users to browse through the iCloud server, which is helpful for those users accustomed to using the automatic backup function of iCloud.
- It takes a long time for this software to respond with some features.
- It requires high RAM and CPU to run normally.
- Trial version offers limited number of data transfers.
5. Wondershare Dr.Fone
Dr. Fone is also a comprehensive iTunes backup extractor that supports all kinds of contact, messages data, call history, video and music. This software can preview what files was stored in iTunes and then extract the exact ones you want selectively. Besides, it supports iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone6s (Plus), iPhone SE and the latest iOS version fully. Moreover, the program also ensures that your current data will not be overwritten by new contents. Also, it allows you to check the data before completing the recovery process.
- It is compatible with the latest iOS devices.
- You can preview and selectively extract the files you want from iTunes backup.
- It can export and print data from the iTunes backup to your computer.
- The price is too expensive comparing to other software.
- It is not able to detect your device precisely.
6. Jihosoft iTunes Backup Extractor
Jihosoft iTunes Backup Extractor is capable of extracting over 16 kinds of data from the iTunes backup file. This is one of the best extractor on the current market as it matches the other four giants in extraction for iOS device, data recovery and backup creation. With this professional tool, you can separate the iTunes backup individually with no risk of overwriting the existing files. It perfectly supports extraction of WhatsApp data, contacts, call history, photos, videos, and calendars in both Windows and Mac computer.
- The basic version of this software is free.
- It allows you to preview data before recovery.
- It can extract files from even encrypted iTunes backup in any situation.
- The scanning ability is weaker than the other products.
- It has limited features.
The Bottom Line
From the lists along with merits and demerits separately, you can choose the iTunes backup extractor according to your needs. All of the software mentioned above gives you a solution for retrieving photos, messages, contacts, and other files in your iTunes backup file. TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery offers you the most satisfying results with its additional features and extraordinary performance.